CT Colonography (CTC) Insurance Inforamtion
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to find out if CTC is covered under your insurance plan.
Did You Know?
- 37 states and the District of Columbia (D.C.) mandate coverage of Colorectal Cancer (CRC) screening which includes CTC
- The 5 top commercial insurers cover CTC as a screening test: United, Anthem Wellpoint, Aetna, Cigna, Heath care Services Corporation and many Blue Shield Blue Cross providers across the USA.
- Most commercial insurance providers, Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans cover CTC as a diagnostic test. This is important especially if you have a failed colonoscopy or cannot undergo a colonoscopy due to medical reasons.
- Please note that some states do not have a law requiring colorectal screening coverage. However, they do offer programs through their respective state department of health.
See insurance coverage for screening and diagnostic testing
Download the summary documents here:
- Anthem / Wellpoint
- Healthcare Services Corporation Cigna
- Many Blue Cross Blue Shield across the USA (state specific)
Commercial Insurance Coverage Process:
The majority of the states have passed legislation requiring commercial insurance providers to cover the CTC screening exam. The law may refer to colorectal cancer screening modalities generically, or specifically identify all the procedures endorsed by the American Cancer Society or the United States Task Force Services (USPSTF) recommendation on Colorectal Cancer (CRC) screening. Regardless of the wording, insurance carriers in these states should not deny a claim for this method of screening. *